Through sustainable construction we aim to create new and sustainable communities, using our knowledge and skills to enhance the environment in which we work.
We believe that our reputation is critical to the creation of long-term value for shareholders and we recognise that financial success is reinforced by our behaviour beyond the balance sheet.
Through Bellway’s commitment to Corporate Responsibility we:
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, customers, government and communities that we affect, thereby improving internal and external awareness.
- Comply with all relevant legislation as a minimum standard.
- Work towards recognised good practice in sustainable sourcing and use of construction materials.
- Treat all employees fairly and invest in training for the medium and long term to realise their potential.
- Provide a healthy and safe environment in which to work through an effective health and safety management system.
- Recognise and respond to the challenges and opportunities that are presented by climate change.
- Invest in the communities in which we develop in a way that contributes to local community needs.
The following structure has been put in place to achieve these commitments:
- The Chairman is responsible for ensuring the policy is adhered to and reports to the Board and external stakeholders on our performance and progress.
- The Chairman is supported by the Bellway4Good Steering Committee which includes senior employees from a cross-section of disciplines who are responsible for the development and review of policy.
Bellway is committed to reporting annually on its approach to Corporate Responsibility and has established key performance indicators to enable others to judge our performance. This policy does not replace existing policies in relation to environmental issues and health and safety, but has been developed to work in conjunction with them.