Through our sustainable approach to our business we aim to create new and sustainable communities, using our knowledge and skills to enhance the environment in which we work.
We believe that our reputation is critical to the creation of long-term value for shareholders, employees and other key stakeholders and we recognise that financial success is reinforced by our behaviour beyond the balance sheet.
‘Better with Bellway’ is our sustainable approach to our business practices. It is not just an add-on, it is a key part of our strategy for putting people and the planet first.
From delivering low-carbon homes to ensuring that our colleagues can thrive in our company, through our eight key priorities we aim to deliver better homes, communities, and help to protect the environment.
- Customers and Communities – Putting customers and communities at the heart of everything we do.
- Employer of Choice – Creating an environment that our colleagues can thrive in.
- Carbon Reduction – Delivering low carbon homes.
- Building Quality Homes, Safely – Quality and safety first for everyone.
- Sustainable Supply Chain – Driving sustainability through long-term partnerships.
- Resource Efficiency – Designing out waste by building better.
- Biodiversity – Protecting and preserving nature.
- Charitable Engagement – Giving, to build better lives.
The following structure has been put in place to deliver on these key priorities:
- The Chief Executive is responsible for ensuring the policy is adhered to and reports to the Board and external stakeholders on our performance and progress.
- The Chief Executive is supported by the Better with Bellway sustainability committee which includes the Group Finance Director and Group General Counsel & Company Secretary, as well as the Better with Bellway Steering Committee which comprised of senior employees from the business who hold responsibility for the eight business priority areas.